Thursday, February 16, 2012

Our Love Story

On a blog I follow here: (http://www.ahealthysliceoflife.com/2012/02/13/our-love-story/) she wrote a post about her love story. Seemed fitting for Valentines day being 2 days ago, I thought I'd copy her idea and add in Our Love Story to our blog!

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?

Garett & I have been together since February 6th, 2008. Four years this month. At times, I can't believe how fast time has gone by, other times it seems like it took us forever to get to this point in our lives/relationship. Its been a great 4 years though.

Our First Picture Together
 2. How did you meet? {What’s your “love” story?}

Oh Boy! Garett & I work at the same place, 2 months prior to us dating he came into our dispatch center and started cracking wise jokes about the TV show we had been watching (South Park). As I do with most people, I completely blew him off. I didn't want anything to do with him, he was a officer, talked to much, seemed to be all about himself... and honestly at 3 in the morning was just annoying to me. :) Later in that same week, he had sent me a message on our computers at work saying Hello. I think I ignored his first message, but the second and third I couldn't help but reply back. This continued for a few weeks, until he made me a bet (I don't remember what the bet was about) but he said if I lost the bet I had to come over and do his laundry (he was getting ready to leave for a trip to Lake Tahoe). I laughed and agreed to this silly bet, #1. I love laundry, so why would I care. #2. There's no way I'm going to lose a bet to this guy right?! Guess who ended up going over and doing laundry??! Yup! ME! In the end we pretty much just hung out and talked for hours... I think I folded his socks while he did the rest of the work, lol. When he came home from Lake Tahoe, he asked if I would like to go on a date with him, we both invited our best friends along (which made it a blind date for them). We had a great time, one of the best nights of my life. 

3. If married, how long have you been married?

6 months. We were married, August 6th, 2011 exactly 3 1/2 years after we started dating.

4. Where did you get married? Big or small wedding?

We were married in Newport Beach. The wedding was tossed around from a very large wedding to a very small wedding, we ended up in the middle. The guest listed started at 250 people, at one point we went down to a guest list of 30 people and in the end had a guest list of 100 people, 80 of which showed up. It was perfect.


 5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!

We call each other 'Goose' or 'Goosebot' (long story)... the most. I'm sure we have 20 other nick-names, but their just random. 

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey:

This is hard to pick only 3 things...
#1 His sense of humor. He's always making me laugh, even when I'm upset or down about something. He's completely in sync with me. 
#2 I love how he's always on the go with me. Garett loves to get out and see things, and go place's. We're always doing something or going somewhere and I love that! 
#3 His love for me. Through everything we've been through, our ups and downs, he still has a strong, giving, willing, sensitive heart that is always reaching out to me! 

7. Tell us how he proposed?

Read post below. ;)

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?

I'm guessing a flowers kind of guy. They don't come very often maybe once or twice a year, but I sure love them when they come around. He always manages to pick out the perfect ones!

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?

Definitely dinner on the beach. Which is one of our favorite things to do. Love So Cal!

10. Tell us one thing you’d like to do with your significant other one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?

There are a million place's we want to go, we plan to travel the whole world. One place Garett talks about often is going back to Australia, I've never been and he can't wait to take me. 





11. Tell us what you plan on doing on did this Valentine’s Day.

We slept in (longer then planned), then headed out to Disneyland for a few hours, went through all the rides in California Adventure, and then headed back home. Due to traffic we were only home for 20 minutes, when we turned around and left again to head off to dinner with two of our friends. We had dinner at the Elephant bar, (it was delicious!) & then went to the movies and saw The Vow. It was a wonderful day.

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine’s day?

Nope, we were both just happy being able to spend it together. It's very rare that we both have the day off. 

 13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.

I couldn't have said it better then Brittney. A song by Bruce Lee states it best. 
   "Be a best friend. Tell the truth. Overuse I love you. Go to work. Do your best. Don’t outsmart your commonsense. Never let your praying knees get lazy. And love like crazy."
One of my favorite songs!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment